RESEARCH INTERESTS: Multi-modal Transportation Network Modeling and Optimization
- Dynamic network modeling in multi-modal urban transportation systems
- Large-scale traffic network simulation, optimization, and (stochastic) control
- Mobility data mining in intelligent transportation systems (ITS)
- Data-driven public transit efficiency analysis and public parking prediction
PUBLICATIONS AND PREPRINTS
- Xidong Pi, Wei Ma, Zhen (Sean) Qian (2018) A General Formulation for Multi-modal Dynamic Traffic Assignment Considering Multi-class vehicles, Public Transit and Parking. Submitted to the 23rd International Symposium on Transportation and Traffic Theory, ISTTT 23.
- Xidong Pi, Wei Ma, Zhen (Sean) Qian (2018) Data-driven Mesoscopic Network Modeling with Cars and Trucks: A Case Study in Pittsburgh. Submitted for review.
- Wei Ma, Xidong Pi, Zhen (Sean) Qian (2018) Estimating Multi-class Dynamic Origin-destination Demand through A Forward-backward Algorithm on the Computational Graph. Submitted to Transportation Research Part C.
- Shuguan Yang, Wei Ma, Xidong Pi, Zhen (Sean) Qian (2018) Parking Occupancy Prediction Incorporating Spatio-Temporal Traffic Data from Multisource. To be submitted.
- Xidong Pi, Aaron Steinfeld, Yun Huang, Zhen (Sean) Qian (2018) Understanding Human Perception of Bus Fullness: An Empirical Study of Crowdsourced Fullness Ratings and Automatic Passenger Count Data. Transportation Research Record, 0361198118781398.
- Xidong Pi, Zhen (Sean) Qian (2017) A Stochastic Optimal Control Approach for Real-time Traffic Routing Considering Demand Uncertainties and Travelers’ Choice Heterogeneity. Transportation Research Part B: Methodological 104, 710-732.
- Xidong Pi, Jackson Whitmore, Amy Silbermann, Zhen (Sean) Qian (2017) Understanding Transit System Performance Using AVL-APC Data: An Analytics Platform with Case Studies for the Pittsburgh Region. Journal of Public Transportation 21 (2), 2.
- Xidong Pi, Sean Qian. (2018) Traffic Impact of CSX Pittsburgh Intermodal Rail Terminal and Mitigation Plans for McKees Rocks.
- Sean Qian, Xidong Pi, and Zhangning Hu. (2016) Mobility Data Analytics Center. To U.S. Department of Transportation, University Transportation Center.
- A Framework for Mesoscopic Bi-modal Traffic Flow Modeling and Simulation: Theories and Applications, to U.S. Department of Transportation, University Transportation Center.
- Xiaomao Wang, Xidong Pi, Hongwei Yang, Yuefeng Xie. (2014) A Method for Membrane Integrity Testing (in Chinese). CN104147937B.
Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh